Common Sense - Resurrection 19 yr anniversary

Today  (10-25-94) marks 19 years of the release of Common's (formerly Common Sense) sophmore release "Resurrection" This album is Hip Hop essence in it's finest form, released in the midst of Hip Hops golden era (88-95) This album spawned the classic anthem/ballad "I Used To Love H.E.R." which may be one of the top 5 Hip Hop songs EVER! Common Sense was an underground king at this point, and this album was brilliantly produced by NO I.D. & Ynot, setting the soundscape with numerous Jazz and Soul samples. It would be another 5 yrs at least before Common would hit the limelight. Here's the title track to the album, with skratching by none other than Mista Sinista of The Executioners (X-Men at that time) This takes me back to a special time of my youth, in my life. My graffiti writing days!

Comments

Popular Posts